Saturday, April 20, 2013

Beginning my 33 days

Hi all,

I still am unclear about the exact foods I AM eating,
but I know which ones I am NOT eating.
No grains, flours, sugars,
Almost no dried fruit nor raw fruits with a couple of exceptions
Almost no RAW!

So the day before yesterday I began to eat mostly
animal protein, nuts, seeds, and vegetables and for
the first couple of days my wild horse was feeling severely
deprived of her morning carbohydrates.

I have been finding it very difficult to break my nighttime
fast without some carbohydrate - anything from soft cereal
with kimchi and seeds, down to toast or my very
favorite breakfast - Pie. A rare but beloved treat.

The past two mornings I have eaten fish with vegetables.
Yikes!

But I am determined because two nights ago I actually
took my measurements for the first time in thirty years
and it was shocking! Shocking.
I am not telling what they are until they have changed.
Vanity. It's a good whip.

It was about six years ago that I first acquired a roll
of fat above my waist, which disappeared the next winter
when Rickey and I did our cleanse in Tucson.
But this past three years of huge stress, however, has
created another large creature around my waist which
perhaps I should name. It surely isn't me, is it?

But while it is not me, it certainly is my creation. I am its creator.
I have been trying to ignore it or at least be friendly rather than
be aggressively annoyed with its presence. However
three nights ago I had my first guests in this small apartment of
ours for dinner and at the end Jan took  some pictures. I only caught
a very quick glimpse because I could see in that photograph
in that flash moment that I am now shaped like my five by five
foot grandmother. I couldn't look at it. One's personality
can blind other people. but photographs? - They don't allow any cover.

I have become pretty good at disguising with clothes,
although there is only so much one can do.

I have come to the end of my procrastination and am now
dedicating my culinary skills to my new anti- spleen deficient,
Insulin -deficient diet.

And I finally got a memory card for my camera, so once I relearn
how to post photos, I'll record visually as well as writing my diet
for each day. Not that anyone cares, but maybe there will be
some meal that will expand someone's horizons a little.

Today, thus far I have eaten 2 1/2 oz. of wheatgrass juice,
(which I am writing about for tomorrow's blog)
a large piece of reheated fish from supper,
a small zucchini sauteed in coconut oil with two
teaspoons of diluted peanut butter.
Pretty good.

That was breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment