Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lost in Wedding Preparatioins

Sorry I have disappeared.

I am catering a wedding this week which would not ordinarily throw me,
but this is a non- gluten vegan wedding. Again, not ordinarily a situation
to throw me, since I have catered many vegan affairs.

It is the non-gluten wedding cake that is throwing me into despair.
Last night I cooked my seventh test cake. Every non-gluten cake
recipe I try looks great as it comes from the oven, and several times
I have thought "Yes! This one is it!" Then I cut into it and encounter
glue. And of course, I have had to try each one. The flavor of several
of them has been good, but the glue, the glue!

Today is my birthday, and I have asked dear God for a usable cake.
This is truly all I want.

The wedding is Sunday, and so I will be back on Monday.
And back to non-party food.
Hope to see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment